From:
Markus Niiranen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:11:53 +0300
Hi Tom & al,

Would you have any information about where (exactly) Theodoxus fluviatilis has been found in Finland?
I have searched for information about brackish water and marine molluscan species which occur in Finland but I haven't found any information about them from the Internet yet.
Finland is not listed in any of the species descriptions in www.gastropods.com. And it is not listed in localities on most of the shell dealers' web sites.
Has any of you seen any marine gastropods or bivalves which are collected in Finland?
I live near the gulf of Bothnia in Central Finland.
The salinity and the content of chalk are so slow in this area and in the Baltic Sea so these conditions are quite bad for marine species.

Best regards, Markus Niiranen

> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:12:10 -0600
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Theodoxus in Turkey, was Cypraea in Norway...
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Dear Ümit,
>
> I do not have your email address, but if you would write me off-list at:
> [log in to unmask] I would like to discuss the distribution of Theodoxus in
> Turkey.  It would be great to get this information from someone who really
> knows.  Thanks,
>
> Tom Eichhorst

Saapuneet -kansio aina täynnä? Windows Live Hotmaililla saat 5 gigatavua ilmaista säilytystilaa. Luo nyt oma Hotmail-tilisi!
http://get.live.com/mail/overview