Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:55:53 -0400
Henk,

I'm not sure if this is the case, however, some publishers will take
advanced orders, charging you for the book but not delivering it for
several months. These advanced orders help the publisher decide how many
copies to print without having a tremendous amount of stock to store. In
addition, the publisher will often extend a discount to these early
orders. I have received up to 40% discounts on some books purchased this
way. Once I purchased a book 6 months before it was published. I had
forgotten that I purchased it and was quite surprised when it arrived in
the mail :-)

> I had to truncate the original message because it was too long.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine