From:
Winston Barney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:20:16 -0500
Jim,

Tursch & Greifeneder call this a local variety of O. fulgurator.

Petuch called it O. bifasciata bollingi color form pattersoni.

Sterba (2004) simply opines that pattersoni is another name for O.
bifasciata.

No matter what you call it someone will disagree, but my choice is O.
fulgurator (because its placement there involves more than meets the eye)

Winston Barney
Fort Worth, TX

<><><>
I'm going through
all the shells I collected during the great calico scallop season we
had in 1998-99 and found the three dark brown olives that had come up
the conveyor belt. I was told this was Oliva pattersoni, but later
told it was just a form of O. fulgurator.
Jim