From:
Dennis sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:24:04 -0400
Gary,

Guido's intent for his series is to provide a guide to the marine mollusks
of the Philippines. He obviously meant a two week "shelling vacation".
It is a little disturbing to find that many of the species that we consider
common due to availability in shell shops are very difficult to find in the
wild. It's his book. At least he defines how it is applied.

When Ed and I redo the Olive book, we will use different criteria, or we may
only mention those species that are extremely rare in collections.

Thanks for your comment.

Dennis Sargent