From:
Dennis sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:50:46 -0400
Gary,

I agree with you concerning a guide for those who purchase shells.
I keep my trusty copy of "Rice's Prices" handy.
Dealer's price list comparisons are even more accurate and up to date.
I always advise new collectors to compare pricing.

Again, it is Guido's book. Most of the projected purchasers of the book do
not reside in the Philippines. His intention is to provide a picture guide
with minimal text and some idea how easy it is to find the shells if you
look for them in the Philippines.

You are correct; there are so many islands that have never been recorded as
being collected. This is the one thing that makes malacology so interesting.
There is still room for discovery.

Best wishes,

Dennis