From:
Vicky Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:35:28 -0500
Hi Bobbi,
It's encouraging to hear that collectors are still able to get their shells back home. I hope you have a wonderful trip in March. Vicky

Hi Vicki:

They manage to get them in some how.   We recently traded for a gorgeous red
Nodipecten magnificus...from the Galapagos.  Illegal to take shells there.
Divers are somehow getting them and selling them for great prices.

When my husband came back from the Philippines....they didn’t even look at
his shells.  We are going again on March 19th-31st.  BUT we don't plan to
take anything illegally.

Bobbi