From:
Umit Kebapçı <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:01:03 +0300
Let alone the methodology, is there any solid reference on
evolutionary effects on the adult fenotypes by predators of larvae or
young individuals? That is there are two facts frequently mentioned in
books etc.

a-Death rate during larval stage is high, for most groups
(evolutionary perspective???).
b-Most advances described for predator avoidance or defence refer to
adults and their predators, eg to be acquired after adulthood (in many
examples predatos pf the juveniles tend to be different) (sea snake
mimicry in mimic octopus; eye spots in insects cf poisonous hairs of
the caterpillars, burrowing habit of flat fishes and the like)

In the view of these, I can conclude that the article supports an idea
undocumented so far.

The correct name is C. maenas BTW.

Kota Allen Aigen <[log in to unmask]>