From:
Phil Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 17:09:37 -0400
As promised, I contacted the company about ArmorAll Original Protectant. I
received the following today.

"The protectant is a water based silicone emulsion, however, it does contain
detergents also.  The product has only been tested on rubber, colored
plastic, and vinyl so we do not know what the long term effects on the
shells would be."

If the dashboard problem is entirely due to the removal of plasticizers, we
may be okay as the objects of our concern are free of them.
I'll stay with my "mix" of ethanol and silicon oil, but I don't think
ArmorAll is a big risk.

Phil