From:
Marien Faber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:16:36 +0200
> Vol. 2 nr. 4 from Visaya has now been published and This number contains
> the description of CONUS GLORIOCEANUS Poppe &
> Tagaro, 2009.

Dear Conchlers, I do not want to be the party pooper but I could not resist
copying the image of C. glorioceanus and lengthen the whole picture and
hence the shell and spire (easily done with the Photoshop"scale" button).
What I got is a perfect C. gloriamaris. Now I am certain that C.
glorioceanus is only a vertically challenged gloriamaris. Probably a single
malfunctioning gene is responsible for such a shortened shell. Peculiar,
perhaps unique, but not a new species. Which leaves the question: why should
one think that this shell belongs to a different genus?

Marien