From:
Dennis sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:27:49 -0400
Hi Scott,

Yes, Ed Petuch and I are working on a totally new Olive book.
This time we have investors and intend to publish it ourselves.
It is amazing what we can do with computers and digital cameras these days.
When the Atlas was published in 1986 neither Ed nor I had the funding to do
it right. We were very disappointed with the finished product, both in size
and layout.

With the availability of the excellent work by Hunon, et al, we will take
our time on the new book. We do have a couple of new species in the works.
Most importantly, we intend to visit the museum collections and put the
entire picture together before we complete the new work.
Thanks to Gerry Harasewych, we were able to spend some time with the Oliva
collection at the Smithsonian last year. That trip was very enlightening.

Ed and I will both be at the COA in Clearwater.

Best wishes,

Dennis Sargent