From:
Scott E Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 06:50:48 -0700
Dear Lindsey,

I wanted to inquire whether a non-professional enthusiast of malacology,
particularly someone with no paleo knowledge,  would be welcomed on the
field trip.  Hank Chaney has encouraged me to participate in the upcoming
WSM meeting, but I don't want to be a nuisance.

Perhaps you remember me.  I visited you and Jim McLean a few months ago and
reacquainted myself with the museum's malacological department.  You told me
about the monthly SCUM meetings: when is the next one?  Is it possible to
have you send out an e-mail as notification of future meeting dates and
topics?

You might recall showing me a field booklet authored by a member of the
museum's staff that identified Southern California pulmonates.  You
indicated that the author wan't there at the time (?) but that you would ask
him to send me a copy.  Could you follow up on this?  Also, if there are any
similar field guides or books dealing with invertebrate fossils published by
the museum or independently by the staff, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Scott Jordan
1620 El Travesia Drive
La Habra Heights, CA  90631