From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:15:06 +1200
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:39 PM, john abba<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dis-agreeded that I sell shells for a living.

John sells shells in the Shell Cabinet auctions. I'd hardly call it a
business, however... it seems to amount to the odd shell here and
there (I have snagged 2 Allonautilus "perforatus" supplied by John,
from the Malukus).

Whatever went between these two guys (and I haven't read the message
in question, nor really the responses on the list), it is absolutely
NOT ON to name screeds of "new species" outside the peer-reviewed
literature, and I say this even though an ammonoid was named after me
in this way).

John's postings would be far more readable if he bothered to spell and
punctuate with any care at all.

John, have great fun collecting, but don't further mess-up the already
messed-up literature, please!

--
Regards
Andrew Grebneff