Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:24:38 -0400
Dear Bill and others,

American Museum of Natural History publications are available on-line at
<http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/>.

The Emerson and Old paper can be found at
<http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/handle/2246/4423>

> Andrew,
>
> In Henning & Hemmen (1993) the authors treat Lotoria as a subgenus of
> Cymatium.  On page 55 they say "The subgenus Lotoria differs from Cymatium
> s.str. by the rounded, not flattened and expanded varices and the form of
> the anterior channel."
>
> There may be more information in the paper by Emerson & Old (1963) where
> they describe Lotoria as a new subgenus, but I do not have this paper.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Bill Fenzan
> Norfolk, Virginia, USA

> Henning, T. & Hemmen, J. 1993. Ranellidae & Personidae of the World.
> Verlag
> Crista Hemmen, Wiesbaden. pp. 263.
>
> Emerson, W. K. & Old, W.  E. Jr.  A new subgenus and species of Cymatium
> (Mollusca: Gastropoda).  American Museum Noviates, 2137: 1-13, 6 figs.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine