From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:14:41 -0800
The professor who's an expert on the Pacific Ocean currents and studied
tennis shoes [Nikes] as well as rubber duckies and all manner of other
things that get washed off of container ships from time to time is Curtis
Ebeysmeyer from the University of Washington.  He recently has retired but
has a publication called "Beach Combers Alert" where he has articles about
stuff that washes up on the beaches of the west coast of the U.S. Bert
Bartleson PNWSC