From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:45:04 -0600
Check out the bottom of p. 42 in H. C. Lea, 1846, Description of some
new fossil shells, from the Tertiary of Petersburg, Virginia. (also on
Biodiversity Heritage Library).  BHL does not do that great a job of
searching text for names; it picks them up in the index more often
than in the text.
BHL lists Transactions of the American Philosophical Society ; new
ser., v. 9, pt. 9 as "related".  THe LEas had a confusing habit of
publishing names in more than one format, so I wouldn't guarantee that
the name didn't appear first somewhere else, but the Petersburg paper
does make it sound like adamsii is new therein.  It's a footnote to
comparison of a fossil to the modern species.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections