From:
Leslie Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:04:28 -0500
Lynn,

In recent my correspondence and her signatures it is Cecelia ...

Seems fitting her memorial is on the 31st, given her fascination with the
number 13.

Les

--------------

... For the curious: does anyone know for certain whether her given name is
spelled "Cecelia" or "Cecilia" ?  I find it both ways, and was vigorously
corrected by both Walter and Tucker, when I spelled it Cecelia in articles
for our (Louisville) club newsletter, The Littorina.  I was told that it was
"Cecilia". Tucker even phoned me about it. But in Tucker's Register of
American Malacologists and in the above obituary, it was "Cecelia," as
seemed to be her signature on some of her  numerous chatty notes, while
others had the "e" "dotted. Subsequently and satisfactorily confused, I've
always been afraid I'd do it wrong.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY