From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:24:09 -0500
somehow message sent using Outlook are not arriving in Conch-L - I've sent
this message earlier today

Well, here are some pictures from Lamarck's collection in Paris MNH

http://www.wonderphotos.com/shellphotos/anadara_brasiliana_2.jpg

the Holotype shape looks like the specimen from Texas, but the texture is
smoother like Brazilian shells.

Some shells from Venezuela also have rough texture, but not as much as
Texan specimens - and they are taller like Brazilian shells;

Maybe we will only know if someone makes a comparative anatomy study.

Marcus

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Anadara chemnitzi the valves do not overlap - there is only one chemnitzi
>pictured on the plate, unfortunately I do no have lateral images.
>
>All the other shells have overlapping valves, too bad I do not possess a
>single specimen from Brazil here.
>
>Marcus
>

>>Harry,
>>

>>Expurgate is rather strong.  Maybe just expunge.
>>

>>I count 7 specimens.  I�ve numbered them:
>>http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2030 .
>>#2 (4 images) is the Texas shell I would categorize as A. brasiliana.
>I�ve
>>never seen A. chemnitzii, so I�m reluctant to make a judgment based upon
>>these photos as to whether #1 and 3-7 (13 images) are the same (all A.
>>chemnitzii or something else).  However, I would concur that #1 and 3-7
>>appear distinguishably different than #2, which is very close to the
shells
>>from NE Florida you and I are calling A. brasiliana.
>>

>>Marcus, time to jump in.
>>

>>Marlo

Marine