From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:00:17 -0300
I've collected a very large Benhamina obliquata 53.1mm in NZ, larger than the specimen listed 51.7mm - but had no idea there was a
website with shells from New Zealand with sizes.

I guess there must be much larger specimens in private or museum collections which are not registered as Martin pointed here. Many
collectors don't bother registering their own records, so one can imagine if any museum would care about it too.

We have a similar page in our club - but it considers only specimen collected in Brazil
http://www.conchasbrasil.org.br/english/records/

And we keep a page in our website with all records we have had - some are no longer a record, but can be checked for curiosity
http://www.femorale.com.br/records/

The first lists had old records from Museums and I will keep them on mind when checking sizes even if there are no pictured
specimens. If we don't consider these it makes no sense to keep recording sizes.

 Marcus

Marcus Coltro
WWW.FEMORALE.COM