From:
"José H. Leal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:28:28 -0400
Great points, Tom. A few journals still retain use of a year volume (e.g., 2010), instead of the more common volume number (e.g., volume 125). The problem with this is that, when there is a long delay, the year volume may not match the actual year in which the issues were published. This adds yet another layer to the potential for confusion.
José H. Leal, Ph.D., Director and Curator
The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
Editor, The Nautilus
www.shellmuseum.org

3075 Sanibel-Captiva Road
Sanibel, FL 33957 USA
(239)395-2233
fax (239)395-6706
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail