From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 10:14:09 -0400
Dear Shelling Friends,

Due to the negotiation by Doris Underwood, COA 2011 Convention Co-Chair, and the Radisson at the Port Resort, additional rooms have been made available for the pre-convention dates of July 11-12. The sixty rooms we originally reserved were quickly booked for those two dates leading to some confusion by hotel reservation people.  Some attendees when trying to book rooms were apparently told there were no rooms for COA when in actuality there was room for July 13-17 but no more rooms before (July 11-12).

So there is now hotel availability from July 11 on.  We do encourage you to make your reservations earlier rather than later as this will still be a difficlt time to reserve rooms around the last Space Shuttle launch.

If any of you in the next couple of days get a response from Radisson that there are no rooms at the COA rate available, first ask them to check their computer to see what days are available.  If they say none, please note time and day and get the name of the person to whom you spoke and contact me, and I will try to run any problems to ground.

My computer access may be spotty for the next couple of days but I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Come to COA 2011 at Port Canaveral (Cape Canaveral, FL),for sun, shells, fun, and to learn, but watch out for the pirates!

http://www.conchologistsofamerica.org/conventions/2011/2011_Convention_Registration_Forms.pdf

Alan Gettleman
Convention Co-Chair