From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:18:51 -0400
Dear Harry, Steve, and David C.,

Thanks for your responses! I was unaware of the Petuch taxon (there was a mention of an upcoming shell
book on southeast Florida, which would be useful).

Examination with my 15X lens reveals some rotation at the point of emergence on my specimen, although it's hard to see how much.

Both Harry and David use the spelling "Amalthina." Is that a typo or is the common use of "Amathina" incorrect?

Amathina tricarinata occurs very frequently in the Pacific in my limited experience. Is the Florida counterpart common in some vicinities? Maybe the comparison of some soft parts will be helpful in determining whether the Florida residents are from an immigrant.

David Kirsh
Durham, NC