From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 02:31:04 -0800
To update Bill's comments about the "improvement" of Peanut Island.
Construction began about two months ago.  The island's shoreline on the
north and east has been "cleaned up" by removal of the trees back a few
hundred feet.  Construction is underway for a concrete pier on the NE
corner.  A construction barge is stationed there.  Access to the island
has not been restricted and if you do not mind the construction activity,
overnight camping is still permitted.  The west side and south side with
the old Coast Guard station are as yet untouched.  This information is
two weeks old.

For Erika, Peanut Island is accessable only by boat.  There are water
taxis in the area, but others will have to provide details.  I am not
familiar with them.  It is in the intracoastal waterway at the Palm Beach
Inlet, Riviera Beach, Florida.  The entire surrounding mainland (cities
of Riviera Beach and West Palm Beach) and barrier island (Singers Island)
are completely developed and overcrowded.  It is easily accessable by
car.

Marlo
Florida