Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:11:25 -0500
Texas Instruments often does it.

Now in Science Illustrated   May/June 2009 - Dad just sent it to me -

"Ancient Greeks Upstaged.

Archaeology:  An 1800 year old pair of finely wrought gold earrings is
among the growing collection of artifacts from the Thracian civilization,
whose advancements historians now say may have rivaled the ancient
Greeks.  The earrings, along with a seven-centries-older bronze ring
and other personal effects, were uncovered last year by Georgi Kitov, a
Bulgarian
archaeologist who died in September (of that year mhe).  The finds were made
during excavation of a burial mound near the town of Krushare,
located 185 miles east of Sofia, Bulgaria's capital city." ...

The earrings are scallops with the hinge downward and a ring to attach
at the rounded end.  Another leaf structure made up the dangle part.
The clamp was not shown, both showing the shell.

Now it heads for the trash - lest I report it again!

Martin