From:
Thomas Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 14:48:27 -0700
Hey Eddie,

Welcome aboard.  Conch-L is typically pretty quiet, with occasional bursts
of questions and answers (and opinions).  The beauty of Conch-L is that if
you have a question about mollusks, no matter how complex or seemingly
simple, if you ask it on Conch-L there will almost always be someone with
the correct answer willing to write back.  It is like sitting in a large
room full of people who share your interest in conchology - but without the
distractions of side conversations and noise.  Or at least limited noise.
Next, if you haven't already done so, check out the COA web page at:
http://www.conchologistsofamerica.org  If you click on "Information" you
will find a number of linked web sites with great information about shells.
Good luck and have fun,

Tom Eichhorst