From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:17:07 -0500
Dear Eddie,

Welcome to Conch-L. Besides asking questions, remember that you can also
search the Conch-L archives. You will find over a decade of useful
information there.

Alex Menez recommended the book which I co-edited and co-authored.

http://www.universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1581129300

If you go to this website you can read the first 25 pages. This includes
all of chapter 1 and part of chapter 2. Chapter 1 gives an overview of the
remaining 30 chapters. The book is not an identification guide. Instead,
it was written to bring together a wide range of information on how to
collect mollusks, how to maintain a collection, how to rear mollusks in
captivity, how to photograph mollusks, how to build a database, etc. The
book can also be ordered through Amazon.

If you have any questions, let me know.

> Hello Conch-L,
> My name is Eddie and I live in Connecticut. I just joined the list and
> this
> is a brief introduction about myself. I am 14 years old and have been very
> interested in shells since I was 8. I enjoy collecting around our home in
> Connecticut and try to get to the beach any time I can. I have also
> collected on trips to Sanibel Island in Florida and The Florida Keys. I am
> interested in just about any type of shell(terrestrial and marine)and I
> hope
> that Conch-L will increase my knowledge shells.

> click leave the list.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Past-President
American Malacological Society 2010-2011

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine