From:
Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:14:02 -0500
Dear Steve:

You didn't read far enough on Malacolog. It is stated there that it was a
nude name in Linsley (1845: 276 and that Gould (1848: 233) used the name in
synonymy.  As it was first a nude name, Gould's use in synonymy did not make
the name available as of either Linsley or Gould.

Malacolog is one of the few data bases that gives you this type of data that
is needed to "puzzle out" a name.

Regards,

dick