Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 18:13:34 -0500
On 5/1/2012 3:41 PM, John Wolff wrote:
> https://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/01/science/new-studies-of-permian-extinction-shed-light-on-the-great-dying.html?hpw&pagewanted=all

I believe a lot of good work has been done.  We are still in mountain
building mode about the planet.

Notables are the western coast of the USA is rising while the Eastern
coast mountains are sinking.
The alps in Chicago have sunk and what was left sheared off as was those
in New York.
In the ROW we have large mountains in Tibet that are still rising as the
southern area is slamming into
the coastal area and India (and others) are shoving the tallest
mountains taller.  In the past decade,
we have witnessed massive volcanoes spew forth mostly in south East Asia
- but don't forget St. Helen.

Hawaii is generating a new island and is spewing forth as I type on the
big island.  Mid ridge of the atlantic
is very active and is pushing upward while spewing forth chemicals and
gasses.

Man spoils areas of property - e.g. the Black Forest - acid rain.  The
Brown Spot in south east Asia.
The Los Angles basin - a natural bowl that traps smog and gas.
Excessive use of slow moving machines.

I think the missile shots have done some of the problems we talk about.
The smoke cloud of burnt fuel and gasses
has to be some of the problem.

The Earth model is so very complex.

I applaud the researchers in the process and work.

Man can't compete with a large volcano much less a half dozen or so in
an area.
Then the reefs are attacked by killer starfish!

Martin