From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 19:15:31 -0400
you're gonna need to eat a lot of tellins to get the same amount of
fiber thats in this box of Total.

I think conch-l has gone down this similar road before,  with donax
not too long ago? and other marine gunk, so here goes. i cant speak to
tellins, but a few years back i invited an acquaintance from the
American Littoral Society who lived close by, and who was very
knowledgable about our local marine invertebrates, to visit one of our
more interesting local shorelines with me. During this escapade, we
found quite a lot of different things from various phyla, i discovered
he knew our local crabs very well, but although he knew most of our
local mollusks, he wasnt very skilled finding them live. He told me he
liked to sample, in an eating way, whatever he would find, just out of
curiosity. By the end of the outing, we had assembled for him a  nice
"harvest
' of live slipper shells, false angel wings, jingle shells and a few
others that were smaller and even less appealing to imagine as food.
When i spoke to him sometime later i asked him how everything had
tasted. his review wasnt exactly glowing, but as he noted, he didnt
get sick.