From:
Jim Brunner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:08:05 -0500
Scott,

Whatever happened to trading between collectors?  Thirty or forty
years ago this was a common and exciting way to grow your collection
at a reasonable cost.  Today it all seems to go through the dealers,
i.e., local collectors sell or trade with dealers who then retail to
collectors.  While you seldom could get the really rare specimens via
trade, the common and uncommon were usually available.  And what fun
it was to open those boxes! Granted, there were some problems with
unreliable individuals but with modern technology and the ability to
transmit images via the internet I would think this could once again
become a viable collection growth option.  As a member of a club with
many new and younger members I'm sure they would have an interest in
such a system.  Has anyone ever tried swapping on a club to club
basis?  With the club's reputation on the line, it should eliminate
"bad" swaps.

Jim Brunner