From:
Steve Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:15:35 -0400
Publicized Northern records of this species, which is listed as occurring
north through Massachusetts, have been infrequent, if  not absent in recent
years.

today i heard from a local collector/diver who  recovered at least three
complete live specimens recently on the north shore of western suffolk
county here on long island new york,  in shallow SCUBA depth. he said he
has frequently seen the burrows but only finally managed to extricate some
shells, using his arm.  to my knowledge that is the first confirmable
record from new york since i have been collecting. i dont even know of any
specific published records from before that.

another credible naturalist told me he got some a few years back snorkeling
in a shallow  muddy saltwater pond near East Marion, New York, but no
actual specimens were viewable.