From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:22:17 -0400
I am currently helping to update the AMS website. As part of this
initiative, I would like to have a listing of useful, informative, and/or
interesting websites. I'm requesting that folks send links to such sites
and I will assemble them into a useable format and forward it to our web
designers.

I am looking for sites that would be of use to both professionals and
amateurs. Examples would be sites dealing with various genera, families,
and classes of mollusks and mollusks themselves. Links to on-line catalogs
to collections and museums with mollusk collections would be helpful.
Sites which list historical info, sites of a systematic and taxonomic
nature would be appreciated. Links to famous and/or infamous
malacologists... Sites dealing with lab and collecting techniques...fossil
and Recent mollusks...lists of clubs, organizations...view this list from
an international perspective and send sites dealing with groups,
organizations, etc worldwide. Universities and colleges with strong
molluscan research programs...biological research labs such as Woods Hole,
etc. Links to aids in identifying mollusks, differentiating mollusks from
non-mollusks...freshwater-terrestrial-marine...etc.

Please send your choice of websites and I will assemble them into a list.
This list will only be as good as the contributions that are made. Please
take a moment and lend a bit of help. If you have any other suggestions,
please let me know. Feel free to send one site, several, or dozens. I am
hoping that this will be a robust list of sites dealing with mollusks in
the broadest sense.

Please e-mail your suggestions to Charlie Sturm at <[log in to unmask]>
Thank you.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Treasurer
American Malacological Society

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine