From:
Steve Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:23:03 -0500
one of those strange shell collecting things..after collecting shells with
Duane Kauffman on South Padre Island, we went over to Port Isabel on the
mainland to scope out the next day's collecting site. While strolling above
the beach Duane noticed a pile of what appeared to be disgusting fish guts
of some kind on the rocks. Tangled among  and stuck to the guts were about
20 paired Amusium papyraceum! The animals were still inside, so they had
not been used as food. Except for a single shrimp, i didnt see any other
catch or bycatch of any kind.

Further amusement- after we were done we went online to look for info and
pics of A. papyraceum. the first one that came up on our search was on the
Jacksonville Shell Club page.. a specimen from....Port Isabel TX!