From:
Peter Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:34:17 -0500
I do think we need to be far more proactive in defending the environment
that houses the shells we collect.  If COA members supported bag limits on
live shells they collected it might become obvious that the problem is not
with the responsible collector but with the the people who collect multiple
shells for garden decoration or strip the tidepools and mudflats for their
dinner.
I for one think COA should be a loud voice against beach renourishment and
perhaps support a bag limit of three per day except for species already
commercially regulated.
What does everyone else think?

Beth DeHaas