From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:28:05 -0700
Again, I agree with Rick.  If the white protoconch is a determining
factor, then his shells are not H. gracilis, BUT they are certainly
different in shape, structure, color, and pattern, than any of the H.
amouretta that have been shown or referenced.  The purple protoconch
certainly links them to H. amouretta, but whether form, subspecies, or
species - they are not your typical, or even atypical, H. amouretta.

Tom E. (it has been great digging through harp images and actual
specimens - nice way to pass a snowy day, thanks to all.