From:
"Susan J. Hewitt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:33:34 -0500
On iNaturalist I am talking to a student from Pakistan who is currently attempting to
learn to identify the various species of ark shells, Arcidae, which wash up on the
beaches of Pakistan. That’s the Arabian Sea. I know very little about the
Indo-Pacific fauna, so I am not much help to her.

Does anyone have suggestions for websites, publications, or books that might
enable her to ID the Arcidae species she has already found?
I mean other than the Huber "Compendium of Bivalves" book,
which I am certain her university cannot afford to buy!

I was also wondering if there is such a thing anywhere as a
marine mollusk faunal list for somewhere in the Arabian Sea,
such as West India, or maybe Oman, Yemmen, or Somalia…?

I did tell her to get in contact with the Bombay Natural History Society,
in Mumbai; I thought they might be able to help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Here are images of a few valves of one? species that she has already posted:

http://www.inaturalist.org/observations/syada