From:
Bobbie Jo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:32:02 -0400
Hi John,

Thank you so much. There are quite a few. I will list them below.

I use them in my healing work, and the places I get them from say they are from countries that use them for food. I just want to make sure I am working with the ocean and not against it.

COWRIES:
Tiger Cowrie
Egg Cowrie
Small Purple Cowrie (Cypraea Arabica Purple)

SCALLOPS:
Lion’s Paw
Orange Lion’s Paw
Mexican Deep
Mexican Flat

White Ark (I've seen shells like these myself on the beaches in Florida)

Abalone (I know there are many types and colors, are any to be aware of or all?)

Pink Conch (I believe this one is on the list, as they can't be shipped to certain countries. Where I receive them they are 'slit back' from being used for food. Just wondering what to watch for or the info you have on how the species is.)

Polished Oval Limpet (Hawaii)

Noble Pectin Natural (Pectin Nobilis)

Hairy Triton

White Spindle (Fusinus Salibury?)

Harpa Davidus (Harpa Cabriti?)

Muffin Snail/ Large Philippine Land Snail ?

Conus Leopardus

*Pink Sea Urchin

*Sputnik Sea Urchin

*White Starfish

*Barnacle Cluster

*Green Cats Eyes (sea snail operculum)

(* I know these aren't 'shells' but wondering if they are farmed just for selling, or found after the animal dies? Or how they come to be sold.)

Thank you again for your time and feedback. I GREATLY appreciate it!!!
Also, I apologize if any are misspelled or named, if so, please let me know as well.

Oceans of GRATITUDE,
Bobbie Jo