From:
Cecil Bankston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:36:11 -0500
My specimens appear identical to pictures of Engina histrio that I found
in books and on the web.  I found that WORMS lists histrio as a synonym
of alveolata.  All the pictures of alveolata I found have a distinctive
row of yellow nodules between the rows of black nodules, while the
hisrio pictures and my specimens have only white nodules between the
black rows.  Is there any disagreement with histrio and alveolata being
considered synonyms?

A picture of the shells is posted on Lets Talk Seashells:
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2986

--
Cecil N. Bankston
Baton Rouge, LA