From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:24:02 -0500
Thanks Paul and Peggy.

After soaking the shells in the ways I mentioned I used a fine
high-powered water jet to flush out the shells, but nothing
emerged.  So I broke open a couple of shells to see what I was
dealing with inside.  There is a semi-dried to totally dried animal
with the strong Pine Oil smell that is basically plugging up the deep
inner whorls. The Pine Oil, at least with these two shells, did not
seem to effect the animal in anyway.  I will try the TSP on a few
specimens to see if that loosens the animal. Thanks again.

Rich