From:
David Monsecour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:03:43 +0100
hello everybody;

About the Nucella lapillus: why are there so few reactions about European
lapillus. I wonder about this because everywhere I go, I can find them. Up
to now we (my brother and I) have found them in Scotland (only pure white
specimen of an elongated form, maybe because of their living in one of the
famous Scottish "lochs"), Cornwall (all colours,but  many "bizonalis"),
Wales (also all colours)and France: Brittany (dullgrey, thick-shelled
specimen with teeth in the aperture) and Normandy (blue-grey). I also
have some from the Netherlands, where they are extinct now (all with the
small lamellae) and a very ugly beached one from our own Belgian coast.

David
Belgium