From:
Jose Eduardo de Alencar Moreira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:52:14 -0300
I agree with Paul 100% and I just want to add my two centavos of Real (the
Brazilian currency - that after all this financial storm is much more
"unReal" than "Real").

Register your package. It is cheap and will also turn it difficult to make
your package disappear or be opened by a thief. Don't forget that the
American mail maybe the best one (in fact it is not) in the world, but your
package will be handled by several other country mails. It is not common,
but sometimes a parcel may disappear. In these cases the registration number
will help to trace the package path. And it will also be a "proof" to your
buddy that the parcel was sent.

Another hint: package your shells very very carefully. Sometimes the boxes I
send arrive completely damaged, but fortunately I never had a shell broken.

And Paul, don't even think to write "1 bomb" in the green label. At least in
Brazil they read each label, trying to find more items to pay customs fees.
I don't know if a bomb would be considered an import item, but it surely
would put the package under suspicion.  ;-))

All the best,

Eduardo
Brasilia, Brazil