From:
Sue Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:05:52 -0400
Hi Sylvia

You said: What are others doing to backup these mega gigabyte drives? ....

I'm not an expert on these things but I have had my drive "crash" using
windows 95 - by that I mean it wouldn't retrieve information or work right &
in the process of trying to get it to work properly I lost all of the
programs & information (maybe it was still there somewhere but I sure
couldn't find anything.) I had to reinstall all of my programs. I use to
back up information on floppies but I now have a ZIP drive. I have one that
stores up to 100MB per disk - I think they make larger ones now. Mine is
installed internally but they make them that just connect like a printer
does. I love it & it is sooo fast. Nothing like the floppies. Mine is Iomega
& I have had no problems with it. It is great for backing up new software
that is under 100 MB. Mine cost me about $130 - I think the external ones
are less. I just read the answer about a 20 to 30 Gig hard drive. I am
thinking of getting a new computer - maybe that is the way I will go but I
have decided to keep my old one with windows 95 too. My "tech" says he can
set it up so I can use both with the one monitor, keyboard & mouse. We'll
see (ha)

Sue Garrison
1846 Hamilton Hwy
Adrian, MI 49221