From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:08:29 -0600
Hey Mark,

Don't feel like I was taking pot shots at you over creosote.  I just spout
off my ill formed opinions and press on.  But while we are talking about
what you know and I didn't (well we are now).  A public thanks for the tip
on using superglue (the original) to mend a shell instead of a white
(Elmer's type) glue.  Elmer's works fine with an operculum glued to cotton
because you can always soak it in hot water if you want to remove the glue.
But it really doesn't do much of a job on a broken shell lip or spine --
works for a while and then breaks again at the first pressure or bump.  So I
followed your advice and this stuff (Superglue) really does a job, thanks.

Tom