From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:23:14 -0400
Hail fellow Coneheads,
Two possibly contradictory reasons have been mentioned dealing with
high-coned limpets' water. One is that water should evaporate to produce
cooling. The other is that water must be retained to prevent desiccation.

That's an interesting point about the skirt and the muscle.

Has there been observation on what limpets do with their water?
--David