Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:01:29 EST
Not too long ago the American Malacological Union now A.M. Society had a
cruise convention. I really enjoyed it. I would definitely do it again if I
had the chance. In the long run it costs about the same as a regular
convention. Just have to remember to tip the waiters on the last night.
  I tipped pretty well and decided to sit with others not at my usual table
for the last dinner. My waiter ran halfway across the room to serve me and I
guess the table I went to didn't tip well, and I was finished eating before
the first person got served. So if it comes to a cruise,  remember to tip.
  There was always something going on and I remember it fondly as one of my
favorite AMS meetings. We stopped in Nassau, Freeport and a mystery island.
We had shelling trips and Dr. Abbott led them.
   That would certainly be a thought for the future.
            Carole Marshall
            Lake Worth, FL.