From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2016 12:23:15 -0500
with regard to "breaking fevers" and "anti-inflammatory " properties,
aspirin works and is cheap ( generic form is 1 to 2 cents per tablet,
or less). but I guess its a cultural thing.

and speaking of 'regulated', the story had a link to an older story
which noted that at one point H. midae was on the CITES list, but that
was reversed or undone a few years later. Getting  back on the CITES
list might add a little bit of enforcement? Easier said than done, I
am sure.