From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:30:24 PST
Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
homepage: http://www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural Department of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37

Dear shell-friends around the world,           Innsbruck, 19. 3. 1998

sorry, if I mailed this text twice or somewhat more. But I' m not used to contact
with E-mail quite well.
My mother, Dr. Irmgard Nisters, 86 years, formerly lawyer, and I, 44 years,
we both are working since 1972 as honorary collaborators of the zoological
department of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum in Innsbruck and are
responsible for the quite nice and by us well sistemated, but not very large
collection of shells. As I want to build up the collection, specially since 1985 after
a highwater-disaster, I am looking to receive as well as land- or frehswater-shells
and marine shells (common and rarer ones) in donation for the museum.
I am interested in all kinds of shells, important only that they are with full data.
We have a private collection of land- and freshwater-shells of Europe and of
Mediterranea shells too and I use them also for donations for school collections
to make malacology better known.
If you are able or willing to send me some shells in donation for the shell-collection of the Tiroler Landesmuseum, we will put your name in the small
year-book  (annual report) of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck.

Thank you best in advance
                  yours Helmut Nisters

p.s.: As my mother and I are very much interested in microshells too, I would be
        very thankful if anybody can send me detritus to sort the shells out.