From:
Ashish Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:00:27 +0530
Dear Betty,

Thanks for welcoming me in. Over the last 10-15 years and before the age of
the Net, I have always felt like a lonely conchologist because I have never
found any other collectors in India and corresponding with collectors abroad
via airmail was a one-to-one interaction and time consuming. Conch-L has
really changed that. I feel like I belong to a family now, and that I can
share my thoughts, ideas, with other people and almost instanteously receive
feedback.

I will send out a report once I am back from Langkawi.

Cheers,
Ashish