From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 17:52:24 -0800
Hi Nora,

I stumbled upon my display boxes in a jewelry supply store.
They supplied everything that a jeweler or jewelry store would need.
I use the little white boxes that jewelry often comes in when you
buy it. The boxes come in many different sizes from 1" to 6" or more
and are often interlocking in sizes. Open the boxes up and take 1/2
the cotton for the bottom and 1/2 for the lid and you then have 2 boxes!
I also got my little plastic display boxes there (the ones in the
ryker mounts).
Alas, the store I found is no longer in business, but I'm sure there
are more around.

Good luck, Peter

>Can anybody tell me where white cardboard specimen trays/boxes can be
>obtained?  I am thinking about the small and medium sized ones that
>museums and institutes use to put specimens in (the ones that organize
>nicely in drawers because the sizes increase so that the width of the
>next larger size is equal to the length of the smaller one etc...).
>I suppose I could make my own from white cardboard but if they are
>available and not too expensive I'd sure like to get some.  Part of my
>collection is already in such trays but I can no longer get more from
>that source.
>
>Nora
>Calgary, Alberta

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
student of zoology and computers for life.
The beginnings of my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html