From:
"William M. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:42:42 -0500
From Of Sea and Shore Magazine, Vol 10, No 4, Winter 1979-80  - In
discussing Dr. Dr. Walton Brooks McDaniel, Corinne Edwards
writes:

"He fossiled with and often visited with Dr. Axel A. Olsson of Coral Gables,
a well-
known Palaontological Malacologist and author of many fossil and Recent
shell species, especially from Panama. It was over Dr. Olsson naming a
black and glassy fossil Oliva shell in my honor, but using a masculine
ending,
that first brought these two learned men together, McDaniel wanting to
change
edwardsi to edwardsae and Olsson not giving in. Dr. Axel A. Olsson died, at
age  88, on 26 October 1977 .... "

Bill F.