From:
LaVerne Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 07:29:36 EST
     I just joined this message board.  My husband and I collect shells as a
hobby.  We live on a barrier island near Sanibel, Florida.  We are able to go
out in the boat and collect a variety of shells.  We would like to trade with
people from other areas if anyone is interested.  Our day job is teaching
high school.  We would love to hear from you.  We only know most of the
shells by their common names, but I have a variety of books to help with the
scientific names.  I can usually recognize the family, but I can't repeat it.
 We can get true and banded tulip shells, horse conchs, a variety of murex,
moon snails, calico and sunray clams, sand dollars, purple sea urchins, large
lightening welks, fighting conchs, calico scallops, angel wings (some with
purple), some lion's paws, nutmegs, natica snails, olives, ark shells,
slippers, baby's ears, etc.   If there is something special, we might be able
to find it.  We also find shark teeth and whale vertebrae.
     We also get some in the Keys is the summer.  Bye.